How to Create Free .edu Email (100% free 2021)
Want to know how to create free .edu email? Well, in this post, we will be sharing some simple ways through which you can create your .edu id for free.
Nearly every student is entitled to a .edu email when he gets enrolled in a college or university. Instead of .com or .net, the email id ends with .edu. If you are not enrolled at a college or a university. Or you haven’t got your .edu email for any other reason, then it is possible to get one for free.
Those who own a .edu email can use the following software and services without paying any fee.
Apart from Google and Microsoft, Amazon offers special services to students and their teachers.
For starters, it offers a free prime account that’s valid for 6 months. Through this account, you can order various products like mobiles, laptops, or best tablet for Netflix from Amazon with free shipping.
Apart from that, students are offered huge discounts on the purchase of books. However, to register, you need to enter your credit card details.
If you don’t own one or don’t want to use it to maintain your bank privacy, you can use a temporary credit card number instead of using your actual credit card.
Autodesk is one such platform that offers free software to college and university students. Simply, log on to www.Autodesk.com and sign up by entering your .edu email address and enjoy premium software or licenses for free.
G Suite for Education
Today, Google is one of the biggest platforms of remote education for students across the globe. Those who own a .edu email are given certain benefits that help students who attend online classes.
To enjoy these services, all you need to do is create a G Suite Account and you will automatically get storage space up to 5 TB. With this extra storage space, you can save your ebooks, pictures, videos, and PDF files within the cloud.
MS Office and Azure
Just like Google, Microsoft also provides free services to students and their professors who have a .edu email. Once you sign up with your .edu email, you can install Microsoft Office 365 on your laptop or mobile for free. Similarly, you also get Microsoft Azure services that are specially designed for students including a free balance of around 100 dollars.
Github Developer Pack
With your .edu email, you can also sign up for Github Developer Pack that is specially designed for students.
With this package, you receive huge cash discounts of up to 1000 dollars. The entire process of signing up is very simple.
All you have to do is visit their official site, fill up an online form and within a week, you will get a mail from them.
Coming to the discounts and privileges that you get from Github Developer Pack, what you get is a free balance for AWS, one-year free Bitnami Business services, free access to premium DataDog Account, free balance when signing up for DigitalOcean account, and free domain from Namecheap with SSL certificate.
How to create a .edu account for free (First Method)
- To create a .edu email for free, you need to create an opencc account.
- Next, you will find the option to create a .edu account for free.
- This service is intended for those who live in the US. However, those who live outside the US can still create their opencc account.
- All you need to do is use an automated generator to get the required details to register online.
- Make sure that this service is only for students below the age of 23.
- Therefore, if the auto-generated age is more than 23, simply change it to 22 or any other age that’s below 23.
- Similarly, you will have to enter other details like your name and address.
- Apart from that, it will require you to type in your birth and social security details.
- There are certain details that you need to skip or leave empty. This includes the suffix, and your middle, previous and preferred name.
- Next, you will type in your email address and other contact details including your mobile number and street address.
- Avoid entering your actual contact details and use the ones available in the auto-generated list.
- In most cases, the auto-generated address doesn’t get verified automatically. Therefore, what you need to do is verify it manually.
- The remaining steps are more or less similar to any other account you make online. You need to type in your username and password and click on Create Account.
So, this pretty much sums up the first method which is for those who live outside the US. If you are a legal US citizen, you can opt for the second method.
How to create a .edu account for free (Second Method)
- In the second method as well, you will need to create an opencc account. The only difference in this method is that you won’t need to use auto-generated details to fill-up the form. You can enter your actual details.
- Next, enter your username and password. Choose any college name that’s available in the list.
- Now, you need to enter your main subjects.
- Next, enter your mailing address. Type in your G.P.A. Make sure to keep it between 3-4.
- Click None in the military status field and Yes for US residency.
- Choose your desired program.
- Enter other details like your gender and guardian education.
- Next, choose your city and state.
- Finally, click on the submit button.
- Within a week, you will receive your .edu email with all login details.
- After receiving your new .edu account credential, you can enjoy all the free services we have shared above.
Although, you can easily get your .edu email online by paying $3 to $5,
There are many different benefits of using a .edu email. Many organizations offer certain perks and benefits to students who own a .edu email.
However, bear in mind that only education institutions can give .edu extension to their students.
If you liked this post and found it helpful for creating a .edu account for free, feel free to give us your feedback, and don’t forget to share this post with your family and friends.