If you have a Gmail account, you can makeÂ a video call or Video Conferencing. Yes, Google has now integrated theÂ Google Meet AppÂ directly into Gmail. Gmail users in India can make video calls, conference calls, and chat with their customers.Â
When you open your Gmail account, you will see newly added Meet Section on the left.
Under Meet Section, there are two options, “Start Meeting or Join Meeting”. This is much easier for Gmail clients. You can use this app directly from your Gmail without any effort.
Recently Google made the Premium Meet App free to all users. It announced that it will connect your Gmail directly. This adds a new option for users for video conferencing call platforms other than Zoom and Skype. Nowadays everyone has a Gmail account so Google Meet is more convenient than other video calling platforms. If you still don’t have a Gmail account, you can connect the Google Meet App to your Google Account.
How to Start a Google meet on Computer with Gmail.
When You Open your Gmail by logging with your credentials on desktop/laptop, You will see a section named “Meet” in the left menu.
Under the Meet you will find two options: Start a Meeting and Join a Meeting.
- If you click Start Meeting, Google Meet gives you access to a laptop camera or microphone permissions.
- If you allow access to your camera, the camera will be set up in seconds.
- Once the setup is completed, you will get a message saying that the meeting is ready.
- Google Meet asks you whether you want to join the call or give a presentation.
- If you click Join, a new pop-up window with a link for video chat opens. You can copy or send this link to whoever you want to chat with, or you can add participants to the call manually.
- You can also join the meeting by entering the meeting ID that the host sent to you.
- Google Meet App also has some advanced features. Features such as scheduling, sharing screenshots, real-time captions, and layouts that you can select according to need.