How To Transfer Chat History from WhatsApp to Telegram
Many people are switching from WhatsApp to Telegram in recent times due to privacy issues. Is it possible to save WhatsApp chat? for those who have left WhatsApp and are newly joining Telegram.
With more and more users coming to Telegram from WhatsApp, the latest update from Telegram provide WhatsApp users an option to transfer their chat history From WhatsApp to a Telegram account.
Both Android and iOS users can transfer their chat history.
How To Transfer Chat History from WhatsApp to Telegram in Apple Phones
If you want to switch to Telegram using WhatsApp on your Apple phone, you can do this.
- Open the WhatsApp app and click on Contact Info or Group Info.
- Then click on ‘Export Chat’ and the ‘Share Menu’ will appear.
- Now select Telegram and share the chat history.
- Chats can be exported directly from the chat list via WhatsApp on iOS phones. ( Left swipe on the desired chat and select ‘Export Chat’. Can then be transferred to the telegram.)
How To Transfer Chat History from WhatsApp to Telegram in Android Phones
If you want to switch to Telegram using WhatsApp on your Android phone, you can do this.
- Open the WhatsApp chat on the phone and click on ‘More’.
- Then you can tap on Export Chat.
- Select Telegram, in the share menu and share to the desired number.
- However, only chats related to that day can be imported.
Silent Messages in Telegram
Telegram has many interesting features. One of them is ‘Silent Messages’.
This means that if you send a message to someone, the message will go to the receiver without getting the notification sound.
Also, there is another option called Schedule Message. If the message is pre-typed and the time is set, the message will be sent at that time.
To use these two features you have to first type a message, press the send button, and hold for three seconds. Then two options appear: Schedule Message and Send Without Sound. You can select the desired feature from these.