NEW DELHI: The Central Government on Wednesday released guidelines for the second phase of the lockdown. Wearing the mask on the exit was mandatory. Spitting in public places is a punishable offense. The sale of liquor, gutka and tobacco products is prohibited. All types of public transport are banned until May 3rd. Industries in rural areas will start operations from April 20. However, workers and staff must comply with all general lockdown rules, including physical distance. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced on Tuesday that the lockdown would be extended till May 3.
He also said that some areas will be allowed after April 20 in areas where the coronavirus is not affected. As part of this, the Union Home Ministry has released comprehensive guidelines with measures to be followed during the lockdown period. The deregulation clarifies that the virus will not apply to hot spots and containment zones. States and Union Territories must strictly follow the rules laid down by them and, if necessary, take into account local needs and impose more stringent sanctions. Several regulations have been relaxed, particularly from April 20, with the aim of boosting the rural economy. Maintenance of agricultural activities, procurement of grain, employment of daily and farmer wages seem to be the main purpose of deregulation.
Guidelines For The Second Phase of Lockdown By Central Government
- Provide thermal screening and sanitizer facilities at all workplaces.
- From April 20th, electricians, IT repair workers, plumbers, motor mechanics, and carpenters can do their jobs.
- Prohibition of interstate and inter-city travel until May 3. Therefore, bus and metro services will not be operated until May 3.
- From April 20, industries, exporting industrial centers and other industrial townships in SEZs can start operations.
- The ban on educational institutions, coaching centers, domestic and international airlines, train services, cinema halls, shopping malls, gyms, playgrounds, swimming pools, bars, and restaurants will continue till May 3.
- Religious areas and places of worship should be closed until May 3. Until then the ban on political, sport, social and religious activities will continue.
- Highways, hotels, truck repair shops, call centers for government operations can start operations from April 20.
- The shops for selling and repairing agricultural equipment will be open from April 20. Activities related to agriculture and fruit plantations can be started from today.
- Drug and medical device manufacturing units and health infrastructure units will start operations from April 20.
- Grocery stores, fruit, vegetable stores/carts, milk booths, meat and fish shops are open during the lockdown.
- Allowed industries to accommodate staff and other workers in the factory premises, or adjacent buildings. Terms such as physical distance must be enforced.
- Defense, Paramilitary, Health & Family Welfare, Disaster Management, NIC, FCI, NCC, Nehru Youth Center, and Customs Offices can work together. In other departments, the Deputy Secretary and then the designated officers must attend 100%. Make sure the rest of the employees attend up to 33% on-demand. Depending on the needs of the people, the state and district authorities can authorize other activities as needed from April 20.
- Approved a limited number of industrial activities in strict compliance with lockdown regulations.
- Activities in IT and IT-related areas, e-commerce activities, data, call center functions, online teaching and distance learning.
- Officials should promote the process of delivering essential items directly to consumers’ homes.
- Banks, insurance offices, cash management companies, print and electronic media companies, etc.
- All organizations should make it possible for employees to perform duties from their homes as much as possible.
- Permission for these eCommerce companies to supply food, medicines and medical equipment.
- Production companies that need to be strictly engaged can carry out the work with the permission of the states.
- Coal and other mineral production companies may start work.
- Fertilizers, pesticides, and seed production companies can start functions.
- Permits all goods to be transported without distinction of essential and non-essential.
- No more than 20 people should participate in funeral programs.
- Construction of roads, buildings, irrigation projects, other industrial projects, renewable energy sector projects, construction of small and medium scale projects in rural areas.
Disclaimer: The data provided above is for information purpose, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the data. please visit the official website to get more accurate information